FRACTIONAL BLOCK 2

FRACTIONAL BLOCK 2, 1846 - 1850

Fractional Block 2 is located directly north of Block 1 and is bordered by First St. on the south and Main St. on the east.  On the north is the boundary of the original town tract. 


No documented building and/or businesses on this block during this time period.

image6

FRACTOINAL BLOCK 2, 1851 - JUNE 1852

TO 1851 - JUNE 1852 MAP


Fractional Block 2 is located directly north of Block 1 and is bordered by First St. on the south and Main St. on the east.  On the north is the boundary of the original town tract. 


Fractional Block 2 Lot 2: Littleton T. and Mary Jane Harris

On February 22, 1852, Collatinus Ballard sold Lots 2 and 3 in Fractional Block 2 and an additional ½ acre to local lawyer L.T. Harris and his wife Mary Jane.  The ½ acre ran 35 yards on Main Street thence a westerly course 71 yards, hence 35 yards to said Lot 2.  The land was sold for in consideration of $100.00 cash paid to William Pursley and a $100.00 note secured to Pursley.  

Reference:
​Lavaca County Deeds B/175

FRACTOINAL BLOCK 2, JUNE 21, 1852 - DECEMBER 1852

TO JUNE 21, 1852 - DECEMBER 1852 MAP


Fractional Block 2 is located directly north of Block 1 and is bordered by First St. on the south and Main St. on the east.  On the north is the boundary of the original town tract. 


A.G. Foster (Fractional Block 2 Lot 2 and 3)

Lots 2 and 3 in Fractional Block 2 were reserved to A.G. Foster per the deed of Margaret P. Hallet and Collatinus and Mary Jane Ballard to John H. Livergood, County Judge of Lavaca County dated 21st June 1852.

Reference:
*Lavaca County Deed B/207

*Note: While the B/207 deed states that the Lot 2 and 3 in Fractional Block 2 were reserved for Foster, L.T. Harris had previous purchased Lots 2 and 3 in Fractional Block 2 on Feb. 22, 1852 via deed B/175 from Collatinus Ballard.  Along with the lots, the deed also included an additional ½ acre of land running 35 yards on Main St. then on a westerly course to Front St. The down payment and note on the property were to be paid to a William Pursley, not Ballard.  In December of 1853, L.T. Harris and wife sold the same property back to Ballard so they did own the property in 1852 and it was not reserved for A.G. Foster.  

image7

FRACTIONAL BLOCK 2, 1853

TO 1853 MAP


Fractional Block 2 is located directly north of Block 1 and is bordered by First St. on the south and Main St. on the east.  On the north is the boundary of the original town tract. 


A.G. Foster/L.T. Harris (Fractional Block 2 Lot 2 & 3)

Lots 2 & 3 in Fractional Block 2 were reserved to A.G. Foster per the deed of Margaret P. Hallet and Collatinus and Mary Jane Ballard to John H. Livergood, County Judge of Lavaca County dated 21st June 1852
Reference:
*Lavaca County Deed B/207

*Note: While the B/207 deed states that the Lots 2 & 3 in Fractional Block 2 were reserved for Foster, L.T. Harris had previously purchased Lots 2 & 3 in Fractional Block 2 on February 22, 1852 vis deed B/175 from Collatinus Ballard.   Along with the lots, the deed also included an additional ½ acre of land running 35 yards of Main St. then on a westerly course to Front St.   The down payment and note on the property were to be paid to a William Pursley, not Ballard.

1853 Dec 7: L.T. & Mary Jane Harris to C. Ballard Fractional Lots 2 & 3 and also ½ acre running 35 yards on Main street, hence a westerly course 70 yards to Front Street, hence 35 yards to Lot 2.

Reference:
*Lavaca County Deeds B/460

FRACTIONAL BLOCK 2, 1854

TO 1854 MAP


Fractional Block 2 is located directly north of Block 1 and is bordered by First St. on the south and Main St. on the east.  On the north is the boundary of the original town tract. 


Collatinus Ballard (Fractional Block 2 Lot 2 & 3)

image8