Lots colored in Orange indicate property given to Lavaca County by Margaret Hallet and Collatinus and Mary Jane Ballard via Deed B207.
PLEASE SEE FILE DOWNLOAD, BELOW, FOR A COPY OF THE DEED.
Lots with diagonal striping over Orange are reserved from Deed to other individuals.
Lots with diagonal striping over another color are contested lots.
*Note: While the B/207 deed states that the entire eight lots in Block 3 were reserved for Hicks, William Smothers had previous purchased Lots 1 & 3 in Block 3 in 1851 via deed B/44.
*Note: While the B/207 deed states that Lot 7 in Block 5 was reserved for A.G. Foster, Lot 7 was the location of the Collatinus Ballard store.
*Note: While the B/207 Deed states that Lot 2 & 3 in Fractional Block 2 were reserved for Foster, L.T. Harris had previously purchased Lot 2 & 3 on Feb. 22, 1852 via Deed B/175 from Collatinus Ballard.